VAM/S.K. Lee College offers two programs with majors in Piano, Orchestral Instruments, Composition, or Voice
I. Four-year MPD/Bachelor of Music transfer entrance requirements:
- Secondary School diploma or equivalent; English proficiency; audition.
II. Two-year Artist Diploma entrance requirements:
- Bachelor of Music or equivalent, or VAM’s MPD; English proficiency; audition.
Applicants for admission to the College Division must submit the following:
- Completed Application Form (download here)
- Application Fee: $40.00 (Canadian/Permanent Resident), or $100 (International)
- Transcript(s) from secondary schools and/or colleges attended
- Two letters of recommendation from professional musicians, either teachers or performers (Download the Evaluation Form)
- If English is not the student’s first language, proof of English language proficiency
Application Deadline is April 15, 2017. (Late applications will be considered as space permits.)
VAM/S.K. Lee College encourages all qualified international students to apply. Students who are not Permanent Canadian Residents may be admitted only if they have legal status in British Columbia for the duration of their proposed studies.
Designated Learning Institution Number (DLI#) for the Canada Study Permit: O19280560262
English Language Requirements
1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are required of every applicant whose first language is not English and are used for the purposes of evaluating applicants for admission.
2. Applicants who meet a high level in all other standards of admission, but have an English deficiency, may be admitted conditionally.
3. Applicants whose first language is not English, but who have completed secondary or post-secondary studies at institutions where the primary language of instruction is English, may be exempt from TOEFL pending review of transcripts. An interview may be required.
4. Equivalent testing services such as MELAB and IELTS are also acceptable. Please contact the College Office for details (email@example.com)
5. Minimum TOEFL scores for VAM/S.K. Lee College programs:
- MPD/Bachelor of Music transfer: TOEFL Internet Based Test (iBT) of at least 79
- Artist Diploma, Piano and Orchestral Instruments: TOEFL Internet Based Test (iBT) of at least 61
- Artist Diploma, Voice: TOEFL Internet Based Test (iBT) of at least 79
Applicants must possess a level of English fluency which will make it possible for them to meet successfully course requirements in music as well as those in other disciplines.
Tests and scores can be obtained by contacting TOEFL Educational Testing Services. (Vancouver Academy of Music Code: 9958)
Questions regarding admissions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org